If you believe that you may be the father of a child or that you may not be the father of a child, you may bring a lawsuit to find out. You must file that lawsuit within 18 years of the date of birth of the child.

The court will require the child and the parties to submit to genetic tests. If you file the lawsuit, you must pay for the genetic tests. If the mother or another party contests the results of the initial test, the objecting party must pay in advance for the additional testing.