Orders for Protection

If you are experiencing abuse in your relationship, the law in Pennsylvania provides protection for you. You may seek an order for protection from the district court in your neighborhood, especially on the weekends when the state courts are closed, or from the county court. Each county has a system, accessible on the county court website or at the courthouse, to assist individuals who are suffering in an abusive relationship. You may apply for an order for protection without a lawyer, although you may want to consult with a lawyer before you begin the process to make sure that you are aware of all the other factors, including financial factors, before you begin the process.